Sunday, September 4, 2011

Tales of the Hunt

I finally got around to reading Nathanael Green's excellent 'The Slut Buck' today, and you can too. Just download the absolutely free Apiary Magazine and make your way to page 142. You'll be glad you did.

Oddly enough, I too have a story floating out there in the ether that relates to hunting. I've been thinking about it a bit lately, as the magazine I wrote it for, Eleven Eleven, is celebrating--what else?--the publication of their eleventh edition next weekend. What's nice is that they have invited all contributors past and present to a brunch, and have consistently worked to create a community of writers rather than the common relation between authors and magazines, which is that they publish you and, there, that's the end of it.

Anyway, you can read my hunting story HERE.

Compare and contrast, as they say...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment