Friday, May 18, 2012

Short Story Month, Day 18. Random images

A prompt doesn't have to be verbal, of course. When I was in fourth grade, I had a wonderful teacher named Mrs. Seim, and she gave us a creative writing prompt every week. In fact, as I'm only just realizing now, I am pretty much following in her footsteps here. Her prompts took a variety of forms, but one of the ones I remember most vividly was a picture she showed us and asked us to make up a story about. (What's kind of funny about this is that I got the picture wrong. I thought it was a picture of a tree growing out of the trunk of an old fashioned car, but in reality, the car only had the tree in the background. The story turned out okay, though. Mistakes can be inspiring too.)

Anyway, I've been hunting around here for a picture of the day kind of prompt and maybe spent more time on this than I should have. In any case, today's random prompt is


Or if you'd rather, simply go to the site and generate your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment