Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Short Story Month, Day 9. Wikipedia!


banner by Steven Seighman
I was listening to my friend Rick Kleffel's show the other night and heard him interview Christopher Moore on his book Sacré Bleu, which, among many other things is about the history of how artists obtained the color blue to work with. Moore talked about how he used various cool facts about the history of blue as markers in the compostion of his novel. Here's a link that will lead you to the podcast

This led to an interesting idea for a writing prompt. It crossed my mind that Wikipedia has a random article  generator. You can go on over to Wikipedia yourself (do I really need to post a link?) but here's the one I picked out for you just now:


All you have to do is head on over, read the article and then write a story based on  the information you glean.

Too hard? Did I mention that Christopher Moore is a best selling author, partly based on his ability to look things up?

No comments:

Post a Comment