Friday, May 25, 2012

Short Story Month, Day 25. A Big Storm Knocked it Over (with apologies to Laurie Colwin)

This  is kind of funny, I guess. I’ve been doing pretty well with keeping these prompts and all going, and I didn’t really see any problem getting to the end of the month doing this. Unfortunately, a tree fell down last night and though I had a land line this morning, I somehow don’t have one now. Now that they’ve cut through the branches and all. I actually don’t know how soon I will have internet access here. Tuesday?

Anyway, I have a few workarounds planned.  Tonight, for example, I'll be sending this from the laundromat, which has wireless. But we’re going for the more succinct version for at least the next few days.

I have some good news to share. Remember that Flash Jab fiction challenge from Day 7? Well, I decided to follow it through and send a story in. Jack Bates liked it and decided to publish it in Flash Jab 12. It’s live now and you can find it here. I thought it might be a good idea to show that I am walking my talk here, after the Follow Through post yesterday.
I was going to give you a new one word prompt and I had some ideas about that, but those have been superseded. The new  one word prompt is

WIND





   

No comments:

Post a Comment